Alachua Learning Academy
Public School that Feels Like a Small Private School
We are always accepting applications for New Students (Grades K-8) - Apply Today.
Educating students to become exemplary citizens of the world with H.E.A.R.T..
|ALA Core Values:|
|H||Honor and Happiness|
|E||Enthusiasm and Excellence|
|A||Appreciation and Acceptance|
|R||Respect and Responsibility|
|T||Tenacity and Trust|
ALA is a H.E.A.R.T.-based family that fosters our students' eagerness for lifelong learning,
and their development of moral character and practical life skills,
while preparing them to contribute as valuable members of the community.
ALA is a Grade “A”, Tuition Free, Public Charter School.
In the entire State of Florida, ALA is ranked in the Top 12% in Reading, Top 10% in Science, and Top 3% in Math.
In addition to ALA’s dedication to increasing rigor, deepening understanding, and facilitating peer cooperation in Language Arts, Math, and Science, students take courses in STEM Lab, Art, P.E., Permaculture, and the A.C.C.E.L.L. Program. A.C.C.E.L.L. (Academically Challenging Courses to Enhance Learning and Life Skills) is a program designed to expose students to various subject matters and provide them with hands-on experiences. Some of the courses offered include Seven Habits, Spanish, Publishing, Creative Writing, Digital Media, Home Ec., and Logic, Rhetoric, and Ethics.
ALA feels that exploration will help students find their passions and
find their place as exemplary citizens of the world.
- Top scores on FCAT State Exams
- Advanced courses in all subjects.
- NO TUITION
- Small, safe school environment
- Art, Music, Drama, Physical Education Fitness Program, Archery
- Individualized Reading Library---Accelerated Reading Program
- Student project-based work
- Advanced courses in all subjects.Values Fair, Teen Court, Character Building
- Community Service learning opportunities
- Published Authors—participate in Student Treasures Book Publishing Program
- County Competitions: Math Counts, Math Club Competition, Spelling Bees
- Science Field Days
- Special Guest Speakers
- Smart boards and student computers in every class
- Healthy Lunches - Nickelodeon prize for top school lunches nationwide
- Quarterly 'Super Star Party' to reward positive behavior
- Field Trips: Wonder Works, St. Augustine, Drama Performances, Wild Adventures, Camp Kulaqua, and Lubee Bat Conservatory
Community Spirit Afterschool Program
For students who would like an extended day, we offer our Community Spirit Afterschool Program. Any student, ages 5 - 13, from Alachua Learning Academy or any and all local school and homeschool programs are welcome to attend.
- Registration forms and costs are available in our office for your convenience.
- The program runs from 1:30 to 6pm daily
- Free snack and dinner program; homework assistance; touch football and soccer lab/practices; fun, structured, outdoor group games; special arts, crafts, food, science, tech and construction projects; music lessons (many instruments -- please inquire) computer and game lab, Fun Fridays (slip n slide etc.), field trips and more.
Our Address and Other Contact Information:
Physical Address: 11100 SR 235, Alachua, FL 32615
Mailing Address: PO Box 1389, Alachua, FL 32616
Phone: (386)418-2080 Fax: (386)418-4116
Office Hours:8 AM to 2:30 PM.
Call and find out more! The Alachua Learning Academy is nearby the town of Alachua, on State Road 235.
(County school bus transportation is available for students residing in the Alachua City school zone).
Quote of the Day