Public School that Feels Like a Small Private School
We are always accepting applications for New Students (Grades K-8) - Apply Today.
Our school is designated as both an “A” and “High Performing” School.
- Top scores on FCAT State Exams
- Advanced courses in all subjects.
- NO TUITION
- Small, safe school environment
- Art, Music, Drama, Physical Education Fitness Program, Archery
- Individualized Reading Library---Accelerated Reading Program
- Student project-based work
- Advanced courses in all subjects.Values Fair, Teen Court, Character Building
- Community Service learning opportunities
- Published Authors—participate in Student Treasures Book Publishing Program
- County Competitions: Math Counts, Math Club Competition, Spelling Bees
- Science Field Days
- Special Guest Speakers
- Smart boards and student computers in every class
- Healthy Lunches - Nickelodeon prize for top school lunches nationwide
- Quarterly 'Super Star Party' to reward positive behavior
- Field Trips: Wonder Works, St. Augustine, Drama Performances, Wild Adventures, Camp Kulaqua, and Lubee Bat Conservatory
Community Spirit Afterschool Program
For students who would like an extended day, we offer our Community Spirit Afterschool Program. Any student, ages 5 - 13, from Alachua Learning Center or any and all local school and homeschool programs are welcome to attend.
- Registration forms and costs are available in our office for your convenience.
- The program runs from 1:30 to 6pm daily
- Free snack and dinner program; homework assistance; touch football and soccer lab/practices; fun, structured, outdoor group games; special arts, crafts, food, science, tech and construction projects; music lessons (many instruments -- please inquire) computer and game lab, Fun Fridays (slip n slide etc.), field trips and more.
Our Address and Other Contact Information:
Physical Address: 11100 SR 235, Alachua, FL 32615
Mailing Address: PO Box 1389, Alachua, FL 32616
Office Hours:8 AM to 2:30 PM.
Call and find out more! The Alachua Learning Center is nearby the town of Alachua, on State Road 235.
(County school bus transportation is available for students residing in the Alachua City school zone).